Summers in Phoenix bring more to the Valley than just extremely hot temperatures; they are also the prime pest season for scorpions. Scorpion season is a big challenge for homeowners, especially because scorpions are difficult to eradicate with insecticides alone.
The good news is that you don’t have to settle for unwanted guests during scorpion season. With a little know-how and some help from the professionals at KY-KO Pest Prevention, you can protect your home and family from a scorpion infestation. Contact us today.
Get to know your enemy this scorpion season
It’s a good idea to know your enemy. Here’s what you need to know about the Arizona Bark Scorpion:
- They are the most common and most venomous scorpions found in the United States.
- They are nocturnal creatures that like to hide under rocks, in wood piles, and around other areas where they can remain undetected before they become active after dark.
- They are relatively small, between two and three inches in length, and the females are smaller than the males.
- They are not aggressive and sting in self-defense when they feel threatened.
- They are social creatures and hibernate in small packs during the colder months.
- Their sting is rarely fatal, but they can be life-threatening to infants, the elderly, and people who are allergic to them.
For more facts, read our blog, 5 facts about the Arizona Bark Scorpion.
Stop the intrusion
Arizona Bark Scorpions can be tricky to get rid of because they are well-protected by their exoskeletons and are experts at hiding. They tend to come inside during the hottest months of the year to search for food, mainly crickets, roaches, and spiders, and water, which can be scarce, even during monsoon season. (READ: Signs of scorpions near your home)
Not only can they hide, these scorpions are also climbers. It is not unusual to see scorpions climbing walls or crawling across a ceiling, which is a sight most homeowners would not welcome.
Insecticides alone are not enough to remove them, so you should take a multi-faceted approach to pest control. A thorough inspection of your home can identify their entry points as well as the extent of the problem.
We have the solution to your scorpion problems
KY-KO Pest offers home sealing services, including caulking, weather-stripping, and more to keep them out of your house. We also offer pest control services to rid your home of the pests that scorpions like to eat.
To get started, or to schedule your free scorpion inspection, contact KY-KO Pest to see how we can help you protect your home this Arizona Bark Scorpion season.